· Performing SQL Server 2012 instance level recovery
· Performing SQL Server data recovery in a stand-alone environment
· Performing instance level recovery for SQL clusters
Performing SQL Server 2012 instance level recovery
You must complete the required steps to perform an instance level recovery.
1. Break the replication for a SQL Server 2012 database that is configured with AlwaysOn before recovering the database.
2. On the primary replica server, open the NetWorker User for Microsoft GUI and recover either of the following:
• All the system databases.
• All the user databases or the AlwaysOn database.
For database level restores for AlwaysOn, skip this step.
3. Open the SQL Server Management Studio GUI and rejoin the AlwaysOn database to the Availability Group.
4. Right-click the Availability Group and add database.
5. Select the database and click Next .
6. Specify the shared location and click Next .
7. Connect to the instance and click Finish .
8. Ensure that both primary and secondary copies of AlwaysOn database are online.
9. Ensure that both primary and secondary copies of AlwaysOn database are online.
NOTE: Ensure not to backup against the AlwaysOn Availability Group virtual name, otherwise the backup will fail.
Performing SQL Server data recovery in a stand-alone environment
You must complete the required steps to recover SQL Server data in a stand-alone environment:
1. Open the NetWorker User for Microsoft GUI.
2. From the navigation tree, expand the Applications folder and the SQLServerWriter folder.
3. Select the databases to recover.
4. From the SharePoint and SQL Server Recover Session toolbar, click Start Restore.During a system databases recovery, the SQL Server services for the SQL database instances are automatically detected and st opped by NMM. After the system databases recovery is complete, the SQL Server services for the SQL Server database instances are automatically restarted by NMM. During user databases recovery, the SQL Server services are not stopped or started by NMM.
Performing instance level recovery for SQL clusters
This procedure is common to all supported SQL Server versions and Windows platforms. For instance level recovery on SQL Serv er cluster, perform the following steps:
1. Open the Windows Cluster Management console and make the SQL Server resource under the Cluster Group of SQL Server offline. Now although the instance is offline, the disk is available because the group is online.
2. Open the NetWorker User for Microsoft GUI and perform SQL Writer recovery. When performing SQL Writer recovery, manually stop and start the SQL Server services.
3. In the Windows Cluster Management console, make the SQL Server resource online. Ensure that all the other SQL resources that depend on the SQL Server are online.